I am currently working on a tile-based game that we will publish in a few months. I am responsible in developing gameplay/game mechanics and game design.
You can see some basic code on my GitHub page. I am not sharing full source code on GitHub for now, since we consider this game as a product.
In this code, I decided to separate core game code and Unity, and use Unity as just as a rendering tool as OpenGL, etc. So, the code is developed with this motivation.
- Key classes for the game (controllers/managers, hierarchy for game objects, etc.)
- Uniform grid base collision detection
- Rectangle collision detection
- Waiting for level editor to be completed for introducing text based level construction in LevelController
- Object pooling
- InputManager and observer pattern to increase decoupling in GameController
- Some other updates and improvements depending on the new game design decisions.